Frankston Blues Senior Presentation Night Recap
Last night the Frankston Blues named their senior program award winners at Senior Presentation Night, held at Cracked Pepper (Frankston RSL).
The NBL1 Men, acknowledged a change in character being a key component in making finals for the first time in nine years.
The MVP honours went to co-captains; Igor Hadziomerovic and Damon Bozeman.
Head Coach Andrew Harms was also recognised for the NBL1 announcement of being the NBL1 Coach of the Year.
Steph Reid was recognised as MVP in the NBL1 Womens team after a stellar season including a league record 50 point game, Emerging Opals achievements and her continued club-first approach.
Looking to a bright future, FDBA President Tim Bower announced that 3-time Olympian, WNBL and WNBA champion Belinda Snell would be taking on the role as Head Coach of the Women’s programs for the next two years.
Departing the senior program, Glenn Eames was recognised for the past two years with the Youth League Men’s including the 2018 championship.
But it was what the Youth League Women’s will experience this weekend that we all took pride in. (Grand Final Series Game 2 Saturday 24th August 7:30 pm)
FDBA President Tim Bower concluded the evening thanking all involved.
“We owe a huge thank-you to our naming rights partners; Frankston RSL and Powerade along with program partners; Core 24 and Peninsula Sports Medicine who make the season possible. Along with the players, coaches and those behind the scenes who are often unnoticed. Without their ongoing effort and dedication, the opportunity to offer Frankston’s juniors a pathway to senior level basketball would not exist.”
- MVP: Tyson Carr
- Defensive Player of the Year: Liam Doyle-Toombs
- Most Improved Player: Tim Wells
- MVP: Erin Ardley
- Defensive Player of the Year: Eliza Day
- Most Improved Player: Tara Moynihan
- MVP: Josh Cleary
- Defensive Player of the Year: Will Peirce
- Most Improved Player: Bryce Philippe
- MVP: Kirra Gadsby
- Defensive Player of the Year: Zoe Schonfelder
- Most Improved Player: Emily Mogyorossy
- MVP: Damon Bozeman & Igor Hadziomerovic
- Defensive Player of the Year: Najeal Young
- Most Improved Player: Will Peirce
- MVP: Steph Reid
- Defensive Player of the Year: Tori Jackson